Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Re-visiting RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK With My Mini-Remake (Of Sorts)



The Colony Theater's Cool Classics screening of Steven Spielberg's 1981 action epic RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, scheduled for tomorrow night here in Raleigh, reminded me that I once made a video recreating one of its most famous scenes.

It was back in 2008, around the time of the release of the fourth entry in the series, INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL, that I put some old toys from my youth, and the original soundtrack to work to make this:


Yep, pretty sweet, huh? Take that, you kids that remade the whole damn movie back in 1989!

Also in anticipation of the screening, I put together a slideshow of behind-the-scenes pics from the making of the movie:

Indiana Jones and the Behind-the-Scenes Slideshow (Examiner, 5/20/14).

Anyway, RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, Spielberg and George Lucas' immortal tribute to the action adventure serials of the '30s and '40s, screens as part of the Colony's Cool Classic series on Wednesday night, 
May 21st, at 7:30 pm. Admission is $5.00.

Hope to see you there.

More later...

No comments: